«New Music Generation 2021»
3rd International Composer Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The 3rd International Composer Competition «New Music Generation 2021» shall be held in Nur-Sultan city, the Republic of Kazakhstan, from 25th to 29th October, 2021.
- The Competition shall be held by the Kazakh National University of Arts in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture and Sport of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Organizing Committee address:
The Republic of Kazakhstan, 010000, Nur-Sultan city, 50 Tauelsyzdyk ave., Tel. +7 (7172) 70-54-99. E-mail: email@example.com
Goals and objectives of the Competition
The goals and objectives of the Competition are as follows:
- Popularize contemporary academic music in all diversity;
- Support and popularize young composers’ creativity;
- Discover new talents and stimulate their creativity;
- Contribute to the development of national and world composing schools and strengthen the cultural image of Kazakhstan as a part of the world community
- Encourage young musicians and composers to study the newest composing techniques;
- Broaden young composers’ and musicians’ horizons and creative outlook.
Admission terms and conditions
- Composers from all countries of the world are eligible to participate in the competition. There are no restrictions relating to the place of residence or citizenship.
- Composers belonging to the following age divisions are permitted to participate in the Competition:
- 1st division – under/or 20 years old;
- 2nd division – from 21 to/or 27 years old;
- 3rd division – from 28 to/or 35 years old.
- The Competition shall consist of the following nominations:
- «Vocal Composition»
(the number of singers is not limited; with or without instrumental accompaniment);
- «Chamber Composition»
(from 1 to 15 performers);
- «Symphonic Composition»
(with soloist or soloists; including vocalists, or without them).
- If a symphony orchestra is used along with a vocal composition, this piece must be submitted for the «Symphonic Composition» nomination.
- Each Participant has the right to participate in all nominations simultaneously. However, the prize can be awarded only for one of the nominations based upon the Jury decision.
- The Participant has the right to submit only one musical work/score for each nomination.
- Published and publicly performed works as well as unpublished ones are eligible for submission.
- Winners of previous International Composer Competitions «New Music Generation» 2019 and 2020 are not allowed to participate, regardless the nomination or age division group.
- The Competition shall be held online. The main condition for participation in the Competition is the submitted application completed in accordance with requirements and the score of a music piece. The results of the Competition shall be made public on the official website of KazNUA https://kaznui.kz.
- Participant’s name and surname must not be present anywhere on the score sheets; they must be replaced by a motto (identifier code). If a contestant participates in more than one nomination, their motto must be the same on all scores. Participant’s name and surname must not be a part of the PDF score file name.
- The duration of the musical work for all divisions must meet the following standards, and must be indicated in the music score:
- «Vocal composition» – from 5 to 15 minutes;
- «Chamber composition» – from 5 to 15 minutes;
- «Symphonic composition» – from 8 to 20 minutes.
- In order to participate in the Competition the following electronic documents must be submitted:
- A completed application form (link on the website https://kaznui.kz)
- The application must contain the motto, age division and nomination, author’s name, date, place of birth and citizenship, a short biography, a copy of the author’s passport, a photo, contact details (full postal address, e-mail address and phone number),
- Complete score of the work which includes a motto.
- The required documents must be submitted a timely manner from the date when the given Terms and Conditions are made public on the website https://kaznui.kz by October 1, 2021.
- Contact telephone: +7 (7172) 70-54-
- The fact of sending an application to participate in the Competition is the evidence that the Participant unconditionally agrees with all the points of the requirements of the given Terms and Conditions and fully accepts them. The registration procedure takes place online.
- By filling out an application and by sending the musical score, a Participant of the competition agrees with the processing and storing their personal data, including a recording of their musical work or works in audio/video format, public performance, TV/Internet broadcasting, printing, distribution and storage of scores.
1st division – under/or 20 years old:
1 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 100 000 tenge
2 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 80 000 tenge
3 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 40 000 tenge
2nd division – from 21 to/or 27 years old:
1 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 200 000 tenge
2 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 160 000 tenge
3 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 120 000 tenge
3rd division – from 28 to/or 35 years old:
1 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 600 000 tenge
2 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 400 000 tenge
3 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 200 000 tenge
Grand Prize – 1 000 000 tenge
Grand Prix is awarded only for the nomination «Symphonic Composition» in the third age division group.
After the results of the Competition are published on the official website https:// kaznui.kz, the winners of Competition must submit their bank details to the organizing committee’s e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 5, 2021. Otherwise, the Organizing Committee reserves the right not to send the prize.
The winners of the Competition must confirm receipt of the prize by sending a confirmation letter to email@example.com.
The Organizing Committee shall resolve any issues relating to the competition in case such emerge during the preparation to and the competition itself.
Individuals and legal bodies may award their own special prizes in agreement with the Organizing Committee.
The Competition Jury
- The Jury is created in order to evaluate the work of the participants of the Competition as well as to summarize the results. The Jury consists of outstanding musicians of our time, prominent figures of culture and art, and is appointed and approved by the Principal of the Kazakh National University of Arts.
- All decisions of the Jury are final and are not subject to revision.
- The decisions of the Jury are included in the Records and signed by all its members.
- In case of equality of votes, the vote of the Jury’s Chairman shall be the deciding vote.
- If a prize is not awarded, the Jury of the Competition has the right to award an additional special prize/prizes in any nomination and age division within the prize fund.