- This event has passed.
Regulations of the 2nd International Competition of Composers
«New Music Generation 2020»
- The 2nd International Competition of Composers «New Music Generation 2020» (hereinafter – «Competition») shall be held ONLINE in the Republic of Kazakhstan, in Nur-Sultan city from November 16th to November 21st, 2020.
- The Competition shall be held by the Kazakh National University of Arts in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture and Sport of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- The address of the Organizing Committee shall be:
The Republic of Kazakhstan, 010000, Nur-Sultan city, 50 Tauelsyzdyk ave.,
Tel. +7 (7172) 70 -54 -98, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goals and objectives of the Competition
The goals and objectives of the Competition shall be:
- popularization of contemporary music in all diversity;
- support and popularization of the creativity of young composers;
- identification and stimulation of capable and talented musicians, improvement of the cultural image of Kazakhstan in the system of the world community;
- raising the general composer’s level in Kazakhstan and in the world
- stimulation of young musicians and composers to study the newest composition techniques and master all the latest possibilities and expressive means;
- broadening the horizons and creative outlook of young composers and musicians of all specialties;
A procedure and conditions for the Competition
- Composers from all countries of the world community are invited to participate in the competition. There are no restrictions related to place of residence and citizenship.
- The composers belonging to three age groups may participate in the Competition:
- The first group – up to 15 years old;
- The second group – from 15 to 25 years old;
- The third group – from 25 to 35 years old.
- The Competition shall be held in the nominations «Vocal Composition» (the number of singers shall be not limited, with or without instrumental accompaniment), «Chamber Composition» (from a solo instrument to a large ensemble of soloists), «Symphonic Composition» (with soloist or soloists, including vocalists, or without them).
- Each Participant has the right to simultaneously participate in all nominations. In spite of that, the prize can be awarded only in one of the nominations by the decision of the Jury Committee.
- The Participant has the right to submit only one musical work (score) to each nomination.
- All published and publicly performed and unpublished works are allowed, with the exception of works that have received awards in «New Music Generation 2019»
- The Competition is held online. The main condition for participation in the Competition is the submitted application, drawn up in the proposed manner, and the score of the work. The Participant will be informed about the results of the Competition online — via e-mail. The results of the Competition will also be published on the official website of KazNUA https://kaznui.kz.
- The name and surname of the participant must not appear anywhere in the score, but must be replaced by a motto (identifier code). If a contestant participates in several nominations, then his motto on all scores must be the same.
- The name and surname of the Participant MUST NOT appear in the title of the PDF file of the score.
- The duration of the musical work shall be in the following range:
- In the nomination «Vocal composition» – from 5 to 15 minutes.
- In the nomination «Chamber composition» – from 5 to 15 minutes.
- In the nomination «Symphonic composition» – from 8 to 20 minutes.
- To participate in the Competition, Participant must submit the following documents by November 1, 2020 in electronic format: An online completed electronic application of the established form (link on the website https://kaznui.kz in the «events» section), containing the motto under which the work appears, the name, date, place of birth and citizenship of the author, a short biography, a copy of the passport, a photo, contact details (full postal address, e-mail address and phone number), etc., as well as a complete score of the work(s) for participation in the competition. Contact telephones: +7 (7172) 70 54 98, 70 54 99.
- The fact of sending an application for participation in the Competition is the evidence that the Participant unconditionally agrees with all the points of the requirements of these Rules and Regulations and fully accepts them.
- In case of refusal to participate in the Competition, the documents specified in clause 11 of these Rules will not be returned to the Participants.
- The Organizing Committee of the Competition sends a confirmation of participation to the Participant the next day after receiving the application and the scores.
- The registration procedure takes place online.
- By filling out an application and sending the musical score, the Participant agrees to the processing and storage of his personal data, including a recording of the musical work in audio/video format, public performance, TV/Internet broadcasting, printing, distribution and storage of scores.
The prize fund
The first age group (up to 15 years old):
1 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 100 000 tenge
2 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 80 000 tenge
3 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 40 000 tenge
The second age group (from 15 to 25 years old):
1 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 200 000 tenge
2 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 160 000 tenge
3 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 120 000 tenge
The third age group (from 25 to 35 years old):
1 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 600 000 tenge
2 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 400 000 tenge
3 place – A Honorary Diploma and a prize – 200 000 tenge
Grand Prix – 1 000 000 tenge
(Is awarded for the nomination «Symphonic Composition» in the third age group)
After the results of the Competition are published on the Official website https://kaznui.kz, the Laureates of Competition no later than November 30, 2020 must submit their bank details to the organizing committee to the e-mail email@example.com. Otherwise, the Organizing Committee reserves the right not to send the prize. The Laureates of Competition, after receiving the prize, must confirm receipt of the prize by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Organizing Committee resolves other organizational issues arising during the preparation and conduct of the competition.
Individuals and legal entities, in agreement with the Organizing Committee of the Competition, may establish other special prizes.
The Competition’s Jury
-The Jury Committee is created in order to evaluate the work of the participants of the Competition, as well as summarize the results. The Jury Committee consists of outstanding musicians of our time, prominent figures of culture and art and is approved by the order of the Rector of the Kazakh National University of Arts.
-All decisions of the Jury Committee shall be final and are not be subject to revision.
-The decisions of the Jury Committee is drawn up in a Protocol and signed by all its members.
-In case of equality of votes, the vote of the Chairman of the Jury is decisive.
-The Jury Committee has the right not to award or divide between the applicants the prize places determined by the Organizing Committee.